Sunday, September 16, 2012

How did I get here?


Truly, I am not exactly sure how I got here.  Well, I do know the facts.  I married Scott on October 20, 1984.  Seven years later, I gave birth to Kelsey, after much treatment for endometriosis.  Seven years after that, we adopted Emily from Vietnam.  Most of those memories are fairly clear, but somehow, Kelsey is 21 and a senior at the University of Nebraska.  Emily is 14 and a freshman in high school.  That is the fuzzy part, how can they be that old?  I mean that should mean that I had a teenage pregnancy or something (of course that is WAY not true).  But it seems that way.  Where did the time go.  I have all the pictures and luckily I am still able to remember most of it, but it just does not seem as though that much time has passed (did I mention that I look in the mirror much less frequently now and avoid looking at current photographs?)  But it has.

And we come to the main reason for the blog.  Kelsey became engaged on August 11 and will be married at Hope on June 1, 2013.  And because I am afraid I will miss something if I am not paying attention, I am going to write about our wedding process and various other things along the way.  And so here we go.  If anyone out there has any wise advice for me, I sure would appreciate it.  This is my first time as mother of the bride you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Ask away! :)